Thursday, June 24, 2010

Playing at the Orphanage

Yesterday we went to an orphanage out past Jinja. We had such an incredible day there. We sang songs with the children, listened to them present their little lessons on HIV/AIDs, sanitation, gardening, and bead making, played games, and then I taught a little dental hygeine lesson. The kids were so thrilled to get their own new tooth brushes and tubes of tooth paste. Thanks family for putting those together! I'm glad we were able to use them for a good cause since they didn't make it out to Haiti. It was so touching to see how happy and smart these kids were despite the challenges they face in life.









Nicole and I caked in dirt after our boda ride


We got so dirty on the boda ride back! If you can't tell, my face is caked in dirty! I love motorcycles though! They are so fun!

We're going on our safari this weekend and I can't wait! It's going to be quite the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment